Mama said...

...there'd be days like this. Oh my dear goodness. Today was the kind of day that makes me think 'Sweet merciful crap! When will it end!'
It started as any other, normal day.
6 o'clock the alarm goes off. I hit the snooze.
6:05 the next one goes off. I hit the snooze again.
6:10 it goes off and, just like every other morning, I begin to curse the alarm and all of its living relatives.
6:15 it goes off one last time, and I manage to start becoming coherent enough to roll out of bed.
I spend the better part of the next hour getting ready for the day, eating breakfast (oh I cannot start the day without breakfast, I have never been one of those people who can, nor will I ever be), and kissing my dear, sweet husband good bye.
7:30 I get to work and start setting up all of the computers so that we can more adaquately do our jobs.
8:00 (here's where it starts to get interesting) I have 4 missed calls on my phone. My first thought is 'It's my supervisor, telling me why my coworker wasn't here 15 minutes ago.' No no. It's my dear, sweet husband asking if his car keys are in my purse. Of course they are! WHAT? How did his car keys get into my purse??? I still haven't figured this one out (Also his headphones. How did his headphones get in there?) Not a chance to get them back to him, I'm by myself covering the front desk!
8:05 Husband calls in 'sick'
8:15 I learn that my coworker who was supposed to be at work 30 minutes ago, has a 103 fever (poor thing, I hate having fevers, especially ones that high) so for the better part of the next 5 hours my OTHER coworker Jake and I run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Not my favorite way to spend a shift, but at least it went by really fast. And at least Jake and I work well together. If he's not a rock star in this life, he must've been in a previous one, he's just that awesome.
2:15 Deal with the crowds at HEB to buy groceries that should've been bought last week, but I was gone for a long weekend so why buy things that will just go bad??? Normally I don't mind going to HEB in the afternoon, but for the love of all that's good and holy, school gets out for the summer and it's like the day after Thanskgiving everyday in there. Needless to say, the love I have for my fellow men sometimes goes very thin in the grocery store (Don't even get Mike started on going to Sams. It's kind of funny actually. He starts ranting about idiots who can't drive cars on the highway much less drive a shopping cart down a wide aisle. Oh how I love him.)

Is anyone else having one of these kinds of days? Maybe not exactly, but one that looks like it could be a sibling to mine? I have some steps to make your day better.

Sandi's Patented Steps For Making Your Day Awesome When It Wasn't Awesome Before
(SPTFMYDAWIWAB for short)

First - After coming home from grocery shopping, the dear, sweet husband who's been home all day will have had to have cleaned the entire apartment (Including running/emptying the dishwasher, the most evil of all household duties on the face of the earth, by far.) knocking one thing off of your list of things to do when getting home from a tiring shift.

Second - Decide you're going to bake some of these (it has me saying sweet merciful crap, but for a completely different reason). Now, I'm not suggesting that you use food to deal with your emotions. I'm not a therapist, nor do I claim to be one; although I do know crazy when I see it.
If it makes you feel any better you can do what I'm doing. I told myself if I bake them that I will take Pete for a nice long walk later. Whether or not I actually follow through with this is entirely up in the air, and this is a private therapy session anyways so stop judging me.

Third - Watch this video. Twice. On the first viewing, ask yourself A) Who even thought of this? B)Who even paid for this? C)Who would even volunteer to be a participant for this? On the second viewing you should count your blessings that you're not in it and go ahead and laugh out loud.