That Nicholas family... I'm shaking my head over here.

I had such a splendid weekend visiting my family. Last night we went out to my sister's house and had dinner with her family of crazy people (when you have 6 kids you are bound to lose your mind at some point, and the children, having no one but their parents to look to, will lose their minds as well; it makes for a very entertaining evening.) Here are some fun things that happened:

-I had Ben kind of convinced at one point that his middle name is not Joseph but actually Michelle because we used to have a family member named Michelle that was abducted by pirates when we were on a cruise to France. Hilarity ensued.
-Heidi, who is 3 going on 24, pronounces popsicle 'poxible.' It's even better when she says lemonade popsicle, lemonlade poxible.
-Lily, after the first year and a half of her life, had finally decided to be social and stopped treating her extended family like we all had the plague. What is it with babies these days??
-As always, talking to my oldest nephew Christian makes me feel like I am the dumbest person on the planet. The kid is eleven and already studying physics (just for fun). At the age of 5 or 6 (I think it was) he decided he wanted to be a volcanologist. Someone who studies volcanoes of course!
-And a bunch of other people did things that made other people laugh, or roll their eyes, or yell things like "Stop saying that around children!!!" So fun.


Check out my sister's awesome tan line after being at scout camp for a week. Are you as jealous of it as I am?


Sheesh, you get a smart phone and suddenly you're the life of the party.


James and the lovely Lillian.


This would be Benjamin Michelle.


I love my family! But it's nice to be home too :)

Oh! Also! In honor of the 4th of July, here is my favorite verse of 'The Star Spangled Banner!'

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!