I Dreamed A Dream

Sometimes I worry for myself. People tell me that pregnancy dreams are the most bizarre. I have been a connoisseur of bizarre dreams for pretty much my entire life. I can't even begin to imagine how much stranger they can get if I'm pregnant (some bright, glorious day...).

Case in point:
So (there's that word again), last night I dream that my father-in-law and my sister-in-law (the one by the name of Sarah) built a ginormous fort in my mom's backyard. Not theirs, my mom's. It was pretty awesome actually. It was part tent and part kind of like those viking houses that had grass growing on the roofs except it was pine needles instead because, hello, east Texas = pine needles. It had 3 rooms that were all connected. It even had a bathroom in it! At one point I looked at Sarah and said "Does that toilet flush??!" And she looked at me like I'm an idiot because of course tent/viking forts don't have flushing toilets.
Then I was in sacrament meeting somewhere in Utah? I remember they passed around a map with the programs so that everyone would know exactly where they were. I was sitting with my mom and all of my siblings, except Jeff, and the most random assortment of people that I've known throughout my life. It was some special meeting where they did a huge musical production involving lots of microphones, missionaries, and a girl I used to babysit who is now married. During one of the songs, there was one woman who was the main singer, but then 5 or 6 other people would randomly get up every 3 or 4 words and harmonize with her. It was choppy yet beautiful? At one point some guys in the back stood up to spray champagne on everyone, except it was that sparkling cider stuff. It was basically the most entertaining sacrament meeting ever.
Then we were driving in a van to another part of Utah? A big van! Like 12 passenger! And my friend and I discussed the finer points of why her brother-in-law would marry a vegan when he loves meat so much (this happened in real life, him marrying a vegan, not her and I discussing it. I couldn't even begin to tell you where my subconscious came up with this part. Or any of it actually).
And then all of a sudden it was just me and my family and some random guy (who got to sit shotgun! What is that about?!!? My mom was there! He should've given it to her!) and we were trying to get to some college campus because we were running late for something. And Holly was somehow 7 years old again, but the rest of us were our age that we are now? Also, we were in my family's old Ford van and my dad was driving.
I haven't dreamed about my dad in a loooooong time. Like, over a year. When I had dreams about him, especially right after he passed away, there was always this urgent feeling in the dream of "he's only hanging out with us for a couple of hours because he has to go back so cram in as much time now as you can." Does that make sense? But I didn't feel the urgency this time?
And also we were lost, but not in a frightening way. We drove through some parking lot of one college and my dad said "Nope, this is the wrong one." Where he was going to turn out onto the main road, the parking lot joined the road just after the top of a hill to the left (I don't know how else to describe it). I looked to the left to see if any cars were coming over the hill (even though dad was driving and I was not, but I was sitting right behind him so it was my duty to be an annoying passenger) and it was clear. And dad hesitated. And then as he finally did turn, I looked back and there was a white car coming over the hill and I laughed really hard. Then dad laughed and he said "What? You're laughing at me because I hesitated and then when I went to turn there was a car coming, right?" And then we both laughed even harder.

And then Mike kissed me on the head because he got to leave at a delightful hour this morning, to go to drill. That wasn't part of the dream, that woke me up from it.

So, the moral of this post is, aren't you as scared for me as I am if I do ever actually get pregnant and my dreams manage to get weirder than they already are? And I would like an interpreter please. One with a technicolor dreamcoat if at all possible. I could use a thought-provoking dream at this time in my life.
And I wish I could've dreamed about my dad a little longer.