Resolve?

My apologies for this being a pretty "blah" week here on my blog. Why is it so hard to get back into the swing of life after a lazy holiday? It's one of those mysteries of life that we probably won't know the answer to until we die.

Moving on, it's that time of year again. The time of year when a vast majority of the people make lists. Lists that consist of things like lose weight or make a million dollars or eat more vegetables or get knocked up (maybe that one is just me?).
I'm really not a resolution person. I think it's sad that most of the people who make resolutions will have forgotten about them or ditched them completely by the end of February. That's the country we live in though, am I right?
And aren't resolutions the worst for making you think that you haven't accomplished anything? They're the kind of thing that make me want to curl up in a ball and rock back in forth while wondering how I became 27 years old with student loans and no official paper to go with them, and also what the heck have I done thus far in my life anyways!?!?!?!?

Do you see how resolutions are dangerous for me?

While I don't believe in making resolutions, I DO believe in setting goals. If there's something you want to change in your life, or that you want to do, you won't get very far unless you lay out a plan to accomplish it. I have to tell you I'm kind of laughing as I write this. I am awful at planning out ways to achieve my goals. I have an idea pop up in my head, get (probably) over excited about it and just jump in, all willy nilly.

This is one of the reasons I married Mike. He actually thinks about things before doing them. I think the Lord felt that I really needed that in my life, so He directed me to Mike (and I think I can speak for anyone that knows me, by saying THANK HEAVENS).

Despite my dislike of resolutions, and my spastic method of achieving goals, I can't help but feel all new and goal setty at the end of a year. (Especially THIS year. Man, was it a kick in the pants or what? I am bound and determined that 2012 is going to be better than 2011. Not that 2011 was ALL bad. It had it's moments, but it was just one of those years where having a miscarriage makes you forget that you saw Flogging Molly, got your husband home from military training, walked away from working customer service, and so on and so forth. These were all good things, in case you were wondering...) I think the new/goal setty feeling is what prompted me to tell Mike, on Tuesday, that we would be taking down the Christmas decorations and rearranging the apartment completely, that very night. And it was FUN! Okay it was fun AFTER I finished changing my mind over and over again. ANYWAYS.

I now choose to share with you a list of goals which I would like to achieve in the near future. And by near future I mean in the next year. Do not confuse this with a list of resolutions! Remember, I don't make those. Especially ones like losing weight and eating more vegetables.

Sandi's Goals To Be Accomplished, In An Orderly Fashion, At Some Point In The Coming Months:

Lose 10 pounds 
Eat more vegetables (look, I could stand to lose a few pounds and eat more vegetables. Okay fine, I'm just changing these two all together)
*Be more healthy.

*This morning on our walk, Pete and I saw a penguin sitting by someone's front door (not a real one, but life sized! for a penguin) and I would like to get one of those to have by my door next Christmas. Or everyday.

*Find a new catch phrase.

*Sell lots of jewelry to people that doesn't break their budget and also makes them feel totally hot (have I mentioned that I just started selling Paparazzi jewelry? I'm just as shocked as you are. I never thought I'd be associated with anything so pretty, but I've been trying to think of ways to make extra money and, aside from selling drugs, companies like Scentsy or Pampered Chef -Or PAPARAZZI!-are really the most legitimate way. Don't worry, this is probably the only mention of it that will ever be on this blog. I'm not pushing it on you -that's what she said)

*Bake one thing a month from this book:


*Prepare my lessons for church WITHOUT Sugardoodle


BONUS!!



Sandi's "Good Intentions" That Hopefully Will Happen At Some Point In The Coming Months:

*Get knocked up

*Start a jar of money for which to go back to Europe (MAIN land this time baby)

*Go hiking (this falls under my good intentions because, let's be honest, do we all really think this will happen?)