Attention Everyone

Remember how I'm an actual adult this year and have been asked, in actual advance, to provide actual food for both Real AND Pretend Thanksgiving?

And remember how, about 2 weeks ago, I set out on a quest to find the perfect chocolate dessert to contribute to Pretend Thanksgiving? Well, the quest is almost over. Except it's not. I've narrowed it down to two desserts and I'm quite honestly torn between the two. How do you pick a favorite child?

So please, share your thoughts, feelings, desires, etc. concerning the following two desserts:

On this side we've got the Oreo-Crusted White Chocolate Mousse Torte, from the fantastic woman over at Mel's Kitchen Cafe.


It was love at first sight. I emailed my mom about this, to ask her opinion on this particular recipe, and told her I was having a love affair with it.

My other option comes out of the book The Pastry Queen Christmas. It's called Earthquake Cake. Unfortunately, now don't hold this against the recipe because the picture in the book is FANTASTIC looking, the only photo I could find, online, was from someone else's blog (I'm providing the link only for photo credit, I've never looked around it, so I don't know if I'd recommend it to you or not) and well...


Yes, that is a beaver sitting in the middle of the cake. Anyways, the gist of the cake is, you bake 3 layers of chocolate cake. Frost two of the layers, like you would normally do. Cut the remaining layer into a bunch of chunks and stick them all over the other two layers. Get it? Earthquake? It's a great way to use a cake layer that might have cracked when coming out of the pan. Anyways, it looks much more delicious and beautiful in the book. Although, the more I look at the beaver sitting on that cake, the more I wonder why I've never thought to do that myself...

So, my point is, which would you rather eat if you were coming to my mom's house for Pretend Thanksgiving? (still not time, I'll tell you about Pretend Thanksgiving some other post) 
Mom was absolutely no help. I told her what I had narrowed it down to, and she was as helpful as my brain was. Which is no help at all! She liked them both just as much as I did!! This is what I get for having a mother with the same taste in desserts as me.

Kindly post your thoughts in the form of a comment.