Rain Weekend

I hereby declare this to be a rain weekend. I was going to make this declaration yesterday, but I thought that might be a little premature and what if it jinxed everything and the rain got cancelled? A rain weekend, by the way, is the kind of weekend where it rains off and on all weekend (or constantly) and the temperature drops and you do all kinds of fun things to celebrate the change in weather.

This is especially a great occasion when Satan sent his weather to you for the summer and it lasted about a month longer than it was supposed to. And also fires were everywhere. So, a rain weekend in that kind of circumstance (like all of Texas has been experiencing for forever) is a joyous occasion.

What kind of things does one do to celebrate a rain weekend?

One might realize that she has about 10 boxes of cake mix in her food storage that need to be used, so a cake will be baked. (Don't tell me you don't have cake mix in your food storage? Next you're going to tell me you don't have Oreos either. That is just preposterous. PREPOSTEROUS I SAY!!!) It was a really really really good spice cake that was super easy to make. And I had every intention of staying up watching '30 Rock' with Mike all evening, but he'd been out in Bastrop, all day, helping people chop down burned trees and whatnot, and I had worked all morning and then done Saturday chores all afternoon ('Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday...' Although John Bytheway's version is really good too) so we were both tired and celebrated the rain by going to sleep at 8:30 in the PM. I know. I KNOW. I don't think I've been to bed that early since... the last season of 'Full House?' (I'm so embarrassed that I used to love that show. One time, my older brother did a comparison of 'Full House' and 'Saved by the Bell.' If Zach had burned down his parents house while they were gone, he would've thrown a party and charged people for it, to raise money and rebuild the house, and he and Slater would've put on the finishing touches just as his parents came home. If DJ had burned down the Tanner's house, Danny would've said "DJ, I love you, but you know I'm going to have to punish you now" and she would've said "I know dad, and I love you too" and they would've hugged and the cheesy music would've started. I guess it was funnier when Jeff did it. You just had to be there...) 

I wasn't bothered one bit by the thunder that woke me up in the middle of the night. Would you be??? Then, can you contain your excitement at how exciting this weekend has been?, as I was sitting in sacrament meeting, wearing my jacket because it was cold and raining outside which called for a jacket (I'd forgotten what jackets were, and also I'd forgotten about my cute, brown bomber jacket that I'd gotten last year! so I wore that one), I suddenly realized another movie that is perfect for this weather:


Right?? It's a good Halloween, cold weather type movie! (isn't Cary Grant dreamy?) I was so excited I told Mike I was going to the library to get it after church. And I did. But it wasn't there. So I asked the librarian to double check for me that they actually had it because I know I've checked it out before. And do you know what she saw when she did? 

"MISSING" 

Somebody took it and didn't return it!!! How could anybody do such a thing?? WHY would anyone do such a thing??? I had my heart set on 'Arsenic and Old Lace!!' (As a side note, my family discovered this movie yeeeeeeeeears ago when I was maybe 4? We were in Hastings and a random woman recommended it, so I ran out to the car and told my mom we were renting 'Our Snickin' Old Lace.' I know what you're thinking and no, I don't know how my parents lived with my cuteness.) So I thanked the librarian for her help and then I humphed and I grumbled and I settled on this one:


Football, fall, it works. Also, speaking of dreamy, George Clooney and John Krasinski. Not too bad on the eyes, am I right ladies? Unfortunately, Renee Zellweger looks like she's always eating something sour. I guess you take what you get. 

I will now go eat a cookie that I baked on Friday when the internet was down and what else was I supposed to do but bake?

Happy Rain Weekend To All And To All A Good Napping Afternoon!!