Burnin' Love


Can we look at this please? Can we?? Really this is just getting ridiculous. Am I right? And look! It's not even JUST my great state that's suffering either. Other people's states are burning too. I shake my fist at the heavens and say 'Bring forth thy rain! And the dust of the earth shall commence to rise from the ground below, and lo the children shall sing and dance and--' I don't know where I'm going with that. I would definitely be yelling something all biblical and end of days type something though, and then, at the end of my great speech to the heavens, they would burst forth and we would have a monsoon.

Anyways, worst text ever received tonight. (Joyce, not your fault, you were being a good friend) I was at the church for our Beehive activity (I love those girls. I don't think I've ever had so much fun talking to 12 and 13 year olds. They are really just amazing.) and as I was leaving at 8:30 I realized I got a text from Joyce the Moist at 8:00 that said 'Please tell me those aren't your apartments on fire.' Not the kind of text message you want to find 30 minutes after it's sent. I immediately texted her back whilst running out to my car. My only thoughts were 'Pete! PETE! Why do I even leave you at home!?!? PEEEEEETE!!!!!!' Luckily, by the time I got to my car, she had already found out that it was a different apartment complex than mine (still, the one Mike and I first lived in when we got married! weird!) I drove home like a bandit despite the fact that it wasn't my apartments on fire.
When I got home, I let Pete out of his crate and hugged and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Then he was all spazzy like 'Hey let's play now!' and that was not on my agenda because we had a close call and I just wanted to love him and he was all over the place. So I made him sit in front of me while I scratched his tummy and sang 'I Am A Child of God' to him because music soothes the savage beast and I wanted him to calm down and be snuggly. Pete isn't savage so it didn't soothe him. I finished the first verse and he looked at me like 'Are you done?' and then ran for the nearest toy. I tried the second verse, but really at that point it was a lost cause.
Mike got home after me and I began asking him the same question over and over and over again. 'What happens if this apartment is on fire and Pete is here and we're not??' After about 10 minutes of this, Mike tells me I can't worry about everything and blah blah blah. Sometimes he acts like he thinks he's the adult in this marriage or something. Geez.

So, now I'm trying to think of creative ways to never crate Pete again and always have him with me everywhere I go. I think I will probably hit a snag when it's time to go to work in the morning...

Man I love that dog.

Also, can we get some rain over here please?