You came in with the breeze, on Sunday morning

It's a 3 day weekend. It's kind of a big deal. People know it. With it being a 3 day weekend and all (Yes I am aware I started that sentence with a preposition. Did anyone else learn prepositions, in the 5th grade, from Preppy the Squirrel and his tree?) I decided it was time to go home and visit mi familia. I haven't seen them since I moved away (again) in February! That's entirely too long to be away from this ridiculously ridiculous and wonderful group of people. So Mike and I packed all of our worldly belongings into the trunk of my Dodge Neon and were on our way. (We didn't really pack all of our worldly belongings, but it's kind of fun to pretend that we did. It sounds more exciting. Like if you say you're going to use the water closet instead of the bathroom; that kind of excitement.)
So I have this thing about music. I LOVE it. I have a very eclectic (yes I did learn the meaning of that word from watching Sister Act 2 when I was 8 years old) taste when it comes to music. You can find everything from 311 to ABBA to Tchaikovsky on my ipod. I could go into more depth about the finer points of my favorite music but that is a story for another time I think. When I'm on a road trip, especially when I'm the one driving, I need my music to stay sane. Anyways, we're driving along with the FANTASTIC holiday weekend traffic that is on I-35 (has my sarcasm been properly conveyed here? I hate I-35 traffic) when my most favorite No Doubt song starts playing. I quickly declare to the inhabitants of my Dodge Neon (Mike and Pete) that this is the best No Doubt song and I turn it up so that I can rock out suitably. What does that man I married decide to do? About 30 seconds into the song, he promptly turns it down to ask me some question about some garden statue outlet store and some house we'll buy someday and I don't know what all because at that moment in time I was looking at him like he was a crazy man for turning down my song after I VERY CLEARLY announced to EVERYONE that it was my FAVORITE No Doubt song! And do you know what I saw when I looked at him like a crazy man? He was smiling like he thought he was the funniest person on the face of the Earth. (He's not by the way; that is a toss up between Brian Regan and Henry Kissinger) Next time that Michael decides he's going to turn down the music, after I have very clearly stated that the current song playing is my favorite in some form or another, he is going to get IT. And by IT, I mean that the music will promptly be switched to Christmas or Norah Jones. He doesn't like her. He hardly listens to Christmas music on Christmas day. Suffice it to say, he would be suffering inside.

After putting up with the antics of my two boys, while riding in a car for 4 hours, and waiting an eternity at a Dairy Queen (If you're ever driving through Hubbard, Tx go ahead and drive past the Dairy Queen. It will BE Christmas music listening time by the time you get your food) we FINALLY made it back to my old stomping grounds in Whitehouse, Tx. We all hugged, we all kissed, we all cried, we all said 'Hey! It's high time we went to dinner at Don Juan's!' So we did.
(That's Mike on the left, and that's Darius-my brother-on the right.)

I would like to take a moment to tell you about my favorite restaurant in all existence. I discovered this place last year when I was learning how to make dentures and my bosses said 'Hey! It's high time we went to lunch at Don Juan's!' I said 'I've never been there' and they got excited as everyone does who has discovered the amazing goodness that is Don Juan's and gets to share it with someone who hasn't discovered said amazing goodness yet. If I was on death row and was about to be executed and could eat whatever I wanted before my execution, it would be the following:


The best tortilla chips and green sauce ever known to man and


 a chicken taco (corn tortilla, lettuce, tomato, and avocado) with a queso blanco enchilada and a side of Mexican rice. I seriously think this is the food we'll be eating in Heaven. IT'S SO GOOD! So, if you ever happen to be in the lovely town of Tyler, Tx find Don Juan's on East Erwin Street, and eat a basket of tortilla chips or two. (not that I have ever eaten the equivalent of 2 baskets of their chips...)


In other news, Nana Bug (this is the name that my mom's grandchildren call her; since Pete is my firstborn child he naturally refers to her as Nana Bug) bought Pete a new hedgehog toy.


He likes it. A lot.